RWVM Courses offered 2021
RWVM School of Ministries:
- To challenge the student to engage in close study of the original language with the aid of study books
- To consider ancient secondary sources
- To provide a guide on how to research and build up a bibliography for the student to gain access to and by reading recent landmark work by scholars in biblical anthropology, archaeology, socio-historical and the social sciences to gain a broader picture than the one held previously
- To discover a better understanding of a woman’s place in the economy of God according to the Hebrew and Christian New Testament Scriptures and be refreshed by it
This will involve deconstruction of the text, the interpretive process, woman as interpreter, some considerations to aid the woman student when studying the Bible, looking at Scriptures from a woman’s perspective, questions women might ask of and from the text.
VIP: Please contact Patricia to discuss Course Fees, Travel Arrangements, School Venue, Accommodation, Printing of Course Materials, etc.
Study Headings: (CC Certificated Courses)
- Women in OT / Women in NT: Reading The Bible as a Woman (CC)
- Old Testament Women
- Genesis: Women in Early Genesis (A Commentary: Genesis Chapters 1-6) (CC)
- Women of note in Genesis
- Other Women in Genesis
- Sarah and Hagar: Exposition Old Testament and New Testament (CC)
- Matriarchs of Israel: Sarah, Rebekah, Leah and Rachel (CC)
- Hagar. Her wanderings in the wilderness: The Well of ‘Living Vision’ (CC)
- Other Matriarchs in Genesis (CC)
- Women of Early Arabia: Marriage Relationships (CC)
- Women of Canaan (CC)
- Semite Women of Early Arabia
- Women of Egypt
- Women of the Exodus
- Prophetesses, Singing Women, Miriam the Prophet (CC)
- Women and the Laws of Israel
- Marriage, Dowry and Marriage Contract and Divorce; Trial of Jealousy; Levirate marriage (CC)
- Foreign Women in Israelite Society
- Women slaves and slavery in Israelite Society
- Religions of Canaan
- Women in Israelite society: Mikveh. Childbirth. Social and religious boundaries: pure and impure; sacred and profane. (CC)
- Israelite Women who entered Canaan and built their Houses and helped establish the nation of Israel (CC)
- Women Heirs after whom was named regions and towns. Women who inherited cities. Women who built cities.(CC)
- Women who served in the Tabernacle. Sacred: Women Psalmists in Israel. Warring-women at the door of the tabernacle. Women Priests. Women Nazarites. (CC)
- Different marriage relationships in Israel (CC)
- Other women embedded in the text: Nameless women
- Women Prophets in Israel (CC)
- Women rulers in Israel (CC)
- Foreign Queens of Israel
- Ruling Queens in other countries
- Southern Kingdom: King’s Wives,
- Northern Kingdom: King’s Wives,
- Mother’s of Israelite Kings
- Royal Princesses
- Women of note who built up Israel: Reconstructing an OT women’s genealogy. (CC)
- Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba (CC)
- Commentary on Women in the Book of Judges: incl Violence against women (CC)
- Exonerating infamous women in the text (CC)
- Women in Chronicles: Twelve Named Women Princes in Israel. Women Elders in Israel (CC)
- Wives of King Saul, King David, and King Solomon (CC).
- Women in Persia and Esther
- Early Religion of Persia: Zoroasterism and King Darius
- Black Women in the Bible: Queen of Saba, Candace the Queen; other African / Egyptian women. Pre Islamic Ruling Queens
- New Testament Women
- Background to Women in Greco Roman culture
- Women in the Gospels
- All the named and unnamed women in the early church (CC)
- Paul’s teachings examined women’s participation in NT early church. (CC)
- Unmasking heresies concerning women in the 21st-century church (CC)
- How to research the Bible (CC)
- Masculinisation of the Bible Languages (CC)
- OT/ Nt Words changed, affecting women’s full freedom to minster (CC)
- NT Gifts Differing: Discover your Spiritual Gifts and calling (CC)
- Exercising your Spiritual Gifts (CC)
- Writing the vision for your Ministry and running with it. (CC)
Please contact Patricia if interested in attending RWVM Bible School
RWVM Bible School of Ministries can include Certificated Courses (CC) (for those who request it and do the extra work required to be awarded the same).
PO Box 345, Chevron Island, Gold Coast 4217. Australia
E. firstname.lastname@example.org | M. 0410318388
BIBLE COURSE: Course contents for each individual RWVM mobile school is decided from above subject list upon Registration.
REGISTRATION . Please Fill in the Registration Form.
RWVM Questionnaire is a prerequisite for each student attending a certificated course attracting a separate fee. Where requested Patricia also provides one-hour counselling and an extra fee charged for this. Arranged on the application and provided at the course venue.
Times and Location: Please contact Patricia
Fees charges: $10.00 AUD per study hour. International $15.00 AUD per study hour.
Certificated Course Subjects and grading available. Extra fee
Bank Account Details:
BSB 064 450
Account Number: 1055 1668[when transferring please identify your full name]
Requirements for Certificated Course (CC): The CC course requires students to read in preparation for discussion
‘Certificated Course’ (CC) means students attending pay extra and receive reading materials.
Inquiries, please contact Patricia via email at email@example.com
Certificated Course Objectives:
(1) To familiarise ourselves with primary biblical texts about women.
(2) To awaken ourselves to the various ways in which views of women’s roles, actions, and presence(s) are viewed in these texts.
(3) To engender critical reflection on and academic study of biblical literature, as well as challenge students to reflect upon the ways in which this literature has impacted modern understandings of women and women’s roles.
(4) To develop your own view(s) of the subject matter through reading primary and secondary sources, in-class discussion, and independent research.
Requirements to be awarded RWVM School of Ministries certificate:
This course has 3 basic requirements
- Payment at the start of the course unless other arrangements are agreed upon.
- Regular class attendance and participation are required. Class participation means both answering questions and making relevant comments in the context of our in-class discussion. Roll is taken every class session; if you are not present during the taking of attendance, you will still be required to pay for that day’s class, unless extreme circumstances apply and agreed upon beforehand.
- Be counted absent unless you speak with Patricia before that session. If you are absent 3 (three) or more classes certificate is withheld until work completed.
Completion of the primary and secondary readings prior to class go hand in hand with class participation and thus is as important. Students are expected to bring any and all readings to class on the days scheduled for discussion.
- To be awarded a Certificate of Distinction, full class participation is required. High Distinction awards require student writes two essays x 250 words each. Each student is required to meet with me at an agreed-upon time to discuss these proposals.
- The KJV is used as a primary source in studies in the Old Testament
- The Source New Testament: with Extensive Notes Dr. A. Nyland is used as a primary source in studies in the NT. It contains extensive notes on word meaning with documentary attestations and separate verse numbers. It is available to purchase available through RWVM website.
Dr Nyland writes…
Taken from Extensive notes on the meanings of the Greek words can be found in The Source New Testament: with Extensive Notes on Word Meaning.
‘To consider the biological gender in each verse studied following the Greek text. For example, the Greek word meaning all people by the English word “humanity”.