Here is the final lineup of speakers with their session times for JUC’s online seminar “The Bible, Geography, and You.” JUC now adds President Dr. Wright to the lineup for the first session.
The online seminar will be held this Sunday, Jan 10, and Monday, Jan 11. Registration is still open and will be open throughout the event!
Dates and Times
The live online seminar will be held on the following days:
- Sunday, January 10th (beginning at 1:00 PM EST)
- Monday, January 11th (beginning at 11:00 AM EST)
Attendees do not need to download or install new software to participate. You will receive a link to the seminar when you register. JUC recommend strongly that participants use Google Chrome to join the event, as this internet browser will work best with the conference software.
Speakers and Topics
Find the lineup of seminar speakers and their topics below. Each session will last approximately one hour, including a brief time for Q&A.
Sunday January 10, 2021
- 1:00 PM EST: Introduction
- 1:10-2:10pm: Paul Wright (Jerusalem University College)
Geographical Matters in the Mesha Inscription
- 2:10-3:10pm: Cyndi Parker (Narrative of Place)
Spiced Wine and Stolen Water
- 3:10-3:25: Break
- 3:25-4:25pm: Chris McKinny (Gesher Media)
From the “Children of Hinnom” to a “Child of Gehenna”: the
Transformation of “The Valley” between the Testaments
- 4:25-5:25pm: Wave Nunnally (Evangel University)
Did Jews Normally Travel through Samaria in the Time of Jesus?
- 5:25-5:40: Break
- 5:40-6:40pm: Jack Beck (Day of Discovery)
A Walk in the Judean Vineyards with Isaiah and Jesus
- 7:00pm: Event Ends
Monday January 11, 2021
- 11:00 AM EST: Introduction
- 11:10-12:10pm: Sandra Richter (Westmont College)
Environmental Law through a Biblical Lens
- 12:10-1:10pm: Yigal Levin (Bar-Ilan University)
Restoration in the Shadow of Ruin: Jerusalem in the Persian Period
- 1:10-1:25: Break
- 1:25-2:25pm: Linford Stutzman (Eastern Mennonite University)
From Promised Land to Pagan Sea: A Geographical Shift in the Gospels and Acts
- 2:25-3:25pm: Lawson Stone (Asbury Theological Seminary)
Up Against the Wall: Where was Rahab’s House?
- 3:25-3:40: Break
- 3:40-4:40pm: John Monson (Trinity Evangelical Divinity School)
- Revisiting the Dynamic of the Land: A New Geo-Canonical Approach
- 5:00pm: Event Ends
How to Register
The seminar is free and open to the public. Go to JUC website to register and enjoy the seminar!